[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 13:29:31 PDT 2009

I don't think there are a whole lot of vegetarians who oppose eating invertebrates, though a case could probably be made for the larger octopus, which is smart as fuck (and interesting as well, since its brain does the same stuff as advanced vertebrate brains do, despite being totally differently organized).

Anyway. You are right that individual choices not to eat meat do not actually diminish suffering. The animal will be dead anyway. The same argument could be made though about working at a chemical-weapons manufacturing plant. Whether I refuse to work there for ethical reasons or not, the weapons are still going to be made. I still think it's admirable not to work there.

I think refusing to eat meat for ethical reasons is quite admirable. They're better people than I.