[lbo-talk] Thumbs. (was good morning my fellow ecosystems)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 17:00:20 PDT 2009

That they were killed off by our ancestors is unlikely, but even if they were, what would that have to do with anything? Are you arguing that Stone Age humanity had no notions of good and bad or something? This seems odd.

Really, I think you have been using some really bizarre definition of "morality," which you have for some unknown reason connected with metaphysics. As commonly used by normal, sane people, "morality" refers to behaviors that are considered "good" as opposed to others that are considered "bad." For instance, rape is "bad." Helping your friends is "good." Generally, this system of beliefs is supposed to be coherent, which is why hypocrisy is considered to be bad.

I really have no idea what the hell you are arguing. Do moral notions have an origin in cultural, biological, and physical reality? No shit. All notions do. So what? Nietszche and Marx never argued that morality didn't exist. It's beyond stupid.