[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Apr 16 17:57:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:47:53 -0400 (EDT) Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

There are many features the distinguish language, but
> IIUC one simple test nobody else has been able to pass yet is the ability
> to discuss something located in the past or future, or simply elsewhere.

Not to argue against the uniqueness of language -- or humans for that matter -- but it is awfully difficult to pin down where that uniqueness lies. Bees, for example, seem to be able to tell other bees about sources of nectar "elsewhere."

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org