[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:32:07 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

> At 04:22 PM 4/16/2009, Eubulides wrote:
>
> http://www.rowanjacobsen.com/books/fruitless-fall
>>

> Where it says:
>
> Many people will remember that Rachel Carson predicted a silent spring,
>> but she also warned of a fruitless fall, a time when "there was no
>> pollination and there would be no fruit."

The other reason it would be a silent spring is because all the kids playing in the pesticides sprayed in suburban areas would be dead, too... Carson was as concerned with the public health side of things as she was the ecological... but because environmentalism is about nature and tends towards the misanthropic that is always left out of the story...