[lbo-talk] Pirate Bay founders found guilty

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri Apr 17 16:03:26 PDT 2009

The world's gone mad. Last week I went to play a song I bought from the Itunes store. The only mp3 I've bought actually. Would you believe, it gives me an error message and tells me that I don't have permission to play it on this new computer.

Had to log in and get this computer registered to play the only MP3 I've ever paid for. I was informed I would be allowed permission on only 5 computers, so eventually (If computers continue to become obsolete and I have to keep getting new ones) the MP3 I bought and paid for will be useless. While all the illegal ones will continue to work just fine.

So i've learned my lesson, don't bother paying for things from the Apple store, or any kind of software really. They don't appreciate it, they assume you must be a complete moron and act accordingly.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Can't see that happening though. They can't shut down the peer to peer networks, at best they can blackmail the people who put out the software that connects us to the networks, to engineer the software to censor what people can exchange.

So I guess we might have to be careful about what updates we agree to download.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas