[lbo-talk] Essay feedback request, if you have time and feel inclined!

HMFJ hardwin1 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:54:12 PDT 2009

http://alternativesproject.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/how-do-we-solve-the-world ’s-problems/

Dear lbo-sters,

I feel bad asking as a lurker, (out of relative lack of informedness rather than of desire to contribute), but...

I've finally finished an essay I've working on for quite a while, about how we can approach alternatives to the status quo, and what prevents us doing so. I'd be really grateful for your feedback if you get time, no problem at all if you don't, as I know how busy you all are.

In particular if anyone has any ideas for reading areas or ideas I should chase up as I'm aware I need to deepen my knowledge of quite a few areas I touch on here, I would appreciate it so much. The piece is quite wideranging, taking in politics, philosophy, history, etc; and I'm a relative ignoramus in all those areas.

Are there any bits which make you go 'ouch'? Any bits which don't make sense? And any bits where you think, "You should really read x"??

Cheers,

HJ