[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 11:23:04 PDT 2009

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> > What is more, meat itself is pretty tasteless
>
> That's a truly bizarre claim. People can disagree on the
> ethics, healthfulness, or sustainability of meat-eating, but
> meats have plenty of taste. Where does the flavor of a beef
> or lamb stock come from? The aromatics? One of the reasons

[WS:] I did not argue that meat *dishes* do not have any taste - they do, but most of the flavor comes from seasoning. I said that meat itself - that is without any seasoning added to it, including salt - is pretty boring as far as flavor is concerned. Try to cook a slab of meat without adding anything to it, even salt, and see how it tastes.

And it does stink!

Wojtek