[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Fri Apr 17 12:26:11 PDT 2009

cOn Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Chris Doss says:
>
>> It's sort of hard to find a trait shared by all humans that
>> leaves out all other animals.
>
> Fully opposable thumbs!

Nope. As much as I like to taunt my dog with my superiority with the fact that he has no opposible thumbs, there are other mammals that do (like all of the Apes and co.)

One of my favorite Far Side cartoons shows a bunch of doggy scientists in lab coats with microscopes and other instruments, and a whiteboard with an exploded view of a common doorknob captioned: "Knowing it could change the lives of dogs everywhere, dog scientists struggle to understand the doorknob principle"