[lbo-talk] Tests and their justification....

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 16:23:14 PDT 2009

Check this out if you haven't been inundated with it already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

And here's a clip of Cry Me A River she did ten years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

What fascinates me is the fact that the "success" of a woman completely crushed and ignored by this system now validates that very same system.

In other words, if you participate in one of these shows and fail, it proves to the world that working class people are losers. If you win, you show the world that the system works because you made the most of your chance and won.

Though I think the phenomenal circulation of this video might be the beginning of a little crack in the system. My own reaction was "Jesus, what a voice -- and never a chance to develop it" and I suspect a lot of people felt the same...

Joanna