[lbo-talk] A good essay on Christopher Hitchens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 19 16:14:26 PDT 2009

On Apr 19, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Mike Beggs wrote:

> I had a bit of a browse around their site, and there's some good
> stuff. I do think it would be great to see more focus on our own
> societies on the part of the far left, and less emphasis on foreign
> wars and what they call 'third worldism'.

The panel I was on this morning at the Left Forum - along with David Harvey, Nomi Prins, Leo Panitch, and Fred Moseley - was condemned by a member of the audience, an RCP member, for insufficient attention to the misery in Haiti, and the "blood-drenched hell" unleashed by capitalism. My first thought was that this is not a promising way to engage with the people around us.

Doug