[lbo-talk] Boycott blow for UN racism forum

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:46:30 PDT 2009

Speaking only for myself, with absolutely no diplomatic hooks whatsoever and perhaps an overactive fantasy life, I wish:

--this forum could provide space to denounce specific actions and, say, recent events

--certain personages could realize that if they just stick to statements of current issues without rhetoric, that would be pretty damning

--certain other states who fancy themselves defenders of human rights and all that is noble would not abandon this forum to one category of hotheads. I mean it's not like putting up with annoying harangues is anything but about item number 1 on the average diplomat's job description....

DC