[lbo-talk] new radio product

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Apr 19 17:19:17 PDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:45:20 -0700 "Jordan Hayes" <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> writes:
> Joanna writes:
>
> > This all started in the early 70's ...
>
> I'd say it dates to Brown vs Board of Education.

In the South, one immediate consequence of that decision was the emergence of a host of new private schools that were created to enable white students to evade school desegregation. Most of those schools are still around in one form or another.

Then when there was a push in the Federal courts on behalf of school busing in the 1970s, it was ultimately decided that suburban school districts could not be mandated to participate in such plans for integrating urban school systems. Those decisions encouraged white flight from urban centers to the suburbs.

Jim F.