[lbo-talk] [Bulk] Chomsky on animal welfare and vegetarianism

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 12:29:58 PDT 2009

There's a Gorilla Biscuits song with the line, "Cats and dogs have all the luck." And I was a fan of that band when I still ate meat.

I think it was in 2004 or 2005 that even Bush supported banning horse slaughtering plants that some, to their horror, discovered still existed in Texas.

A lot of red-blooded GOP types even supported getting rid of the horse-killing factories, and I am not sure how many of them understood what culinary delights they'd be depriving the world of by doing this, because I heard horse meat tastes good when roasted such and such a way - or how they were interfering in the 'natural scheme' of the food chain, which ordains we were "meant" to eat ... x-y-z.

-B.

ravi wrote:

"Q: Are you a vegetarian? A: I'm not, but I think it's a serious question. If you want my guess, my guess would be that ... "