[lbo-talk] populist resentment: shutting detroit down

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Apr 20 15:39:30 PDT 2009

a couple of years ago, we were talking with a country western band to do their web site. ended up ditching all that, but i'm still on their announcement list. Got an email with the disclaimer, "I don't usually send stuff like this...." along with a link to a video of a John Rich song that is, according to my kid, pretty popular. The video stars Mickey Rourke and Kris Kristofferson:

http://heavens-gates.com/usworkers/

I thought the site interesting in its odd ambiguity. the directory is labeled /usworkers/, the video is def. focused on u.s. workers, and yet the message says, "A touching tribute to all the good honest working people around the world that have suffered so much I hope this video will reach the whole world for all our workers" (sic)

shag

"let's be civil and nice, but not to the point of obeying the rules of debate as defined by liberal blackmail (in which, discomfort caused by a challenge is seen as some vague form of harassment)."

-- Dwayne Monroe, 11/19/08

-- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws