[lbo-talk] populist resentment: shutting detroit down

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 16:19:03 PDT 2009

> Back in the day Kris Kristofferson was a big supporter of the
> Sandinista revolution. He even showed up to sing a song at the 10
> year anniversary celebration in Managua. I had a friend who was there
> and he said the song was absolutely awful.

When Fox fired Joan Rivers from their late night show, they gave the show to a variety of hosts, an on-air audition process that eventually delivered Arsenio Hall. But before that glorious moment, Fox's late night show had Martin Sheen as host, and he brought on Kristofferson, who praised the Sandinista revolution. Did that make a difference? Couldn't have hurt.

Dennis