[lbo-talk] papal logic

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 03:16:48 PDT 2009

Here's another hilarious example of this. I went to grad school at a Catholic university surrounded by Catholic intellectuals. If you don't have much experience with American Catholic philosophers, I'll just briefly explain that they tend to be either irritating-as-fuck hyperconservative Thomists or left-leaning (on economic issues, at least) phenomenologists. Anyway the Thomists (all recognizable by their haircuts) are fond of decrying everybody who is not as conservative as them as being wishy-washy cafeteria Catholics.

Until the Pope said that the Iraq War was an abomination in the eyes of God. Then, they started complaining about the pacifists in the Vatican.