[lbo-talk] new radio product

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 21 11:10:54 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2009, at 1:15 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:
>
> > So this fucking up of the curriculum seems like an excess of
> > cretinization on top that isn't needed and is just gratuitously
> > stupid.
>
> Dunno. As craven as the bourgeoisie can be, I think it's usually a
> mistake to think they don't really know what they want.

I agree. I would add: Like the War on Drugs, Homeland Security, Migration Policy, No Child Left Behind should be regarded as one of the pillars of a more or less coherent domestic agenda that has most of the core elements of the capitalist class and its intellectuals soldily behind it. Micheal is, I think, terribly wrong to see it as "cretinism."

Carrol