[lbo-talk] Schafer tries to semi-debunk the infrastructure crisis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 22 12:32:12 PDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> at least in re bridges. I'm not a fan of his, but he seems to have
> a couple of points, and if they're wrong, I'd love to have someone
> point them out:

This is Slate's bread & butter, no? A conventional piece that purports to be against the grain. Most of his sources are the Bush administration, no? Not a word from the American Society of Civil Engineers - which, by the way, gives the highest grade (C) to bridges in its infrastructure report card:

<http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/>.

Still, from the bridge section: