[lbo-talk] Transcript of Daniel Ortega's speech at the Summit of the Americas?

Sheldon humanist.observer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:49:12 PDT 2009

Has anybody seen a transcript posted on the tubes anywhere of Daniel Ortega's speech at the Summit of the Americas?

I would sure like to savor Ortega's actual words.

>From the following link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517313,00.html
"The most telling moment, however, was when Daniel Ortega, the president of Nicaragua, delivered a 53-minute excoriating attack on the United States."

These hypocritical jackasses make me sick. Never mind that the U.S. govt. is the one that attacked Nicaragua materially, not in a speech.

The righties are going....well... nuts over the fact that Obama just sat there and listened to Daniel Ortega school him on the history of U.S. intervention in Nicaragua. Apparently it was just an awful anti-American diatribe about installing and supporting some family of dictators named Somoza, and then trying to overthrow his democratically elected goverment, you know, typical anti-American bashing that happens to be the truth.

This is all dear to my heart as my first political activism was Nica and Salvadoran solidarity, and my first trip abroad was to Nica working with APSNICA (Architects and Plannners in Support of Nicaragua). So good to see that there is a shift in the balance of power to the left in Latin America. Actually gives me a little hope. Venceremos! Ojala!