[lbo-talk] Against the genocide in Sri Lanka

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Apr 22 19:38:15 PDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Politicus E. wrote:
> I must respectfully disagree that this situation has reached a
> conclusion.
> The military defeat of the LTTE, should it come, will constitute
> nothing
> more than a preface to the next installment of tragedy in Sri Lanka.
> epoliticus

Perhaps once again my message was confusing. What I meant when I wrote that "this one is over" was that IMHO the possibility of our doing anything to put a stop to the military assault is over. Rajapakse is on a cleverly orchestrated rampage and the only immediate influence that can be exerted on him, as far as I can see, would come from the Indian government influenced by the government of Tamil Nadu. I do not at all doubt that the next stage will follow (it has already begun with the exodus of refugees) and yield greater misery. And I hope that more pressure can be brought to bear on Sri Lanka at least in that matter.

--ravi