[lbo-talk] Americans sorta like torture if it works

X from_alamut at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 17:07:37 PDT 2009

Any military organization which knows that its secrets have been compromised by the capture of key personale would change their plans almost immediately and scrape the plans that were compromised.   Does anyone remember the movie "Battle of Algiers?" There the Algerian terrorists are tortured by the French immediately because it was policy of the terror cells to relocate and replan within 48 hours of a members disappearence. I know it was just a movie but it would make al quida really stupid not to have similar policies.

peace,   Jim Davis Ozark Bioregion, USA Planet Gaia

  http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=141735   http://www.amazon.com/Shia-Imami-Ismaili-Muslims-Introduction/dp/1430315628/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218913605&sr=8-2

From: Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Americans sorta like torture if it works To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 4:52 AM

At 1:36 PM -0700 23/4/09, Chris Doss wrote:

> The question of whether torture is morally permissible or not is not
relevant to my point, which is that Wojtek's claim that torture can never be used to extract useful information is likely false.

What I don't understand is why you are perpetrating this bullshit? Are you a fool, or are you a psychopath? Or both perhaps?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas