[lbo-talk] Trotsky's ashes made into cookies

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:44:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Matthias Wasser wrote:
>
> And Trotsky was a jerk
>>

> Oh, come on. I'm no Troskyist, but a "jerk"? Please. Would you say the same
> of Lenin?
>
> Doug

Wouldn't you? Love it or leave it, but the dictatorship of the proletariat is not like writing a novel or arranging flowers! We're talking about a dude who introduced decimation into the army, subjected workers to military discipline, wanted a stronger focus on heavy industry than Stalin, &c. Maybe these things are good and maybe these things are evil - we can pass over that in Coxian silence. Mostly it was an excuse for a groaner, though.