[lbo-talk] Robert Frost Defends Robespierre, Lenin, Mao

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 11:15:03 PDT 2009

This was discussed a lot in the other thread, I think a lot of that has to do with the extremely dire circumstances they were placed under. Famine, war, isolation, threat of counter revolution and imperialist invasion. I agree with you--- and once Stalin was into the picture the Soviet experiment was all but doomed, but I don't think that completely tarnishes Trotsky's legacy per say. Or maybe I just have ideological blinders on.