[lbo-talk] Piece I wrote on Venezuela and other things

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:37:01 PDT 2009

I thought I stated that they weren't allowed to renew their contract? No one is questioning the US's role in interventions in the region, everyone is aware of that, but you can't deny that it was a mistake in that it gave the right-wing media internationally and nationally a huge amount of ammunition against Chavez.

And Iran is the only country in the world with F-14s in its aerial fleet, but I understand the sentiment. Almost all of the private media and many foreign governments supported the coup attempt against Chavez, why was RCTV the only license that wasn't renewed, I'm curious. Was it that much more over the top in its manipulation of events on the day of the coup?