[lbo-talk] Lunch in NYC

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Apr 26 19:00:53 PDT 2009

First thing: confirming the theory that people look much different in real life than what you imagine from their posts on the Internet, Chris Doss is not at all the young punk/hipster that I had conjured in my mind... heck, he even seemed to be carrying what looked like an executive laptop bag! We tried torturing him to extract the truth regarding the real Chris Doss, but years of LBO-talk participation had prepared him for any and all contingencies.

There was no consensus reached on whether or not we should take over the banks, so please hold your fire on that one.

M.Pollak is clearly the man to know if you happen to be in Manhattan... his expertise runs the gamut from hospitable eateries to vendors of gerbils and polyps.

It was wonderful to meet Sabri and Chris for the first time, and Julio, Mike, Joe, Jerry, Emily and Atticus again. See you all in a few weeks or months!

--ravi, back into hibernation