[lbo-talk] a Specter is haunting the GOP...

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:07:06 PDT 2009

Whoa there!

Call me a pessimist but doesn't history suggest that counting the right wing down for the count is a big mistake? Since the bottom line in everyman's accounting is whether they have food on the table, and we don't know really know how deep this recession will go, there may still be room for some charismatic right-wing leader (thank god I can't think of anybody in the present camp "charismatic" enough) to convince everyman that the problem is big government - or social welfare programs, or the immigrants, or the anti-Christ's, or the Jews (which seems to have worked well in the past.)

- Bill