[lbo-talk] The extreme Google brain

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Wed Apr 29 12:08:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM, JC Helary <brandelune at gmail.com> wrote:
> On mercredi 29 avr. 09, at 22:48, Andy wrote:
>> I never really got into Lisp, but that's widely regarded as beautiful
>> too. At long as you keep loops out of it, as God intended.
>
> Paul Graham is a very interesting writer and reading his "Ansi Common Lisp"
> is a really nice experience. I find most technical books boring to death,
> but for some reason a number of Lisp (Scheme) books are not.

And for those of us who hate Java but envy its libraries, there's Clojure. It aims at the sweetspot of Lisp + Java's strengths + beefy concurrency support.

Video from a Boston Lisp meeting about it: http://clojure.blip.tv/file/1313398/

I've made my living using Lisp the past few years. Now I hope to use Clojure for a couple projects...

Tayssir