[lbo-talk] JAVA

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Apr 30 04:47:47 PDT 2009

If you're a lousy programmer then you can write garbage in any language.

Although in my current job I code mostly in VB6, my preference is for the C-family of languages (i.e. C, C++, Java, and C#). Java and C# seem to have most of the advantages of C++ without most of the drawbacks IMO.

Jim F.

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] JAVA Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:51:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 4/28/09, Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> "Then I realized because of how Java is put together it
> leads in exactly the opposite direction from FORTRAN, into a
> code mire of truly scary dimensions."
>
> I'm glad you said that because I've learned a lot of
> languages, Basic, FORTRAN, Pascal, C, C++, and TOOL (4 GL),
> and everything was fine until I got to Java which, no matter
> how long I stare at it, is illegible and enraging. And to
> add insult to injury, ubiquitous.

Java is illegible and scary compared to the spaghettic code I've read in Fortran or C++ nightmare of multiple inheritance, or the C code where some wise guy has decided it's cool to make a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer????? Methinks not.

____________________________________________________________ Start Email Marketing - fast, affordable, and measurable. Click here. http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTEFeOnstvwZYIUV8nmRj0beZdENAwgjSEzlF32Uq3IO52qDvtic5i/