[lbo-talk] Barbara Epstein & MR

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Aug 2 08:17:36 PDT 2009

On Aug 2, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> I haven't really been following Yoshiana,

But you're going to comment anyway? Kind of Coxian.

> but what has she said that is so absurd? My understanding is that
> her basic position is that, given the internal situation in Iran,
> the best realistic government is that of the A-man and the forces
> behind him. This might be wrong, but there's nothing obviously
> ridiculous about it

What's odious is her publishing apologetics for a repressive regime.

As Jim Farmelant pointed out, her posish is a logical descendants of MR's longstanding "anti-imperialism." But if this is where anti- imperialism takes you - towards defending a government that has jailed and killed many thousands of leftists, among them many MR readers, it's virtually certain - then maybe you should rethink your version of anti-imperialism.

Doug