[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Aug 4 08:38:00 PDT 2009

>> Mayhem ensued, hilarity resulted.
>
> So you are confirming what I read: the cop had proof of
> Gates' ID and still decided to proceed with the arrest
> based on the fact that he was pissed.

I don't know what you read, but that's not at all an accurate description of what happened. Maybe you should read more, because I'm tired of this thread.

I've said this before, but maybe you missed it: *no one* who is directly involved said this was an improper arrest. So any statement like "Gates got arrested because Crowley was pissed" is off the deep end.

It's barmy, as they say.

/jordan