[lbo-talk] Attack on industrial wind puffed with false peer review claims

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 10:49:00 PDT 2009

actually i take the view eastern environmental groups who say wind is ok, even just about wherever (except perhaps designated wilderness areas) so long as you for every mountain top you develop with roads, powerlines, clearings, etc you stop one mountain top removal for coal. so far, you actually the same power companies that rely on coal now trying to develop additional wind farms (and claiming as a result they are 'green'.) also, they always assume 'we need more electricity' because they project increased demand (with population growth and more needs (sopping mall lighting, 65 degree air conditioning, etc.)) with little discussion of efficiency or even reducing demand.

i saw your article on the PNAS study showing wind has alot of potential (though the grid and storing it possibly via batteries remain open practical problems if this is really going to kick in) and i agree with that. But there is no more reason to destroy unique ecosystems to just get a drop in the bucket shot of power (using the same subsidies that make dirty energy equally available) than there is to destroy/develop anwar to get through a few more commuting traffic jams in your air conditioned SUV's. (i'd almost say f-k the kennedy's and cape cod, and i ecven fell the same way about protecting anwar or mountains who really are only available to be used by the eco-elite, but the natural ecosystem to me takes precedence). my impresssion is offshore wind doesn't have the same ecological footprint, and also midwest wind if for example its already on developed farmlands (eg wheat) in colorado etc. (But i actually would say the hill country of texas, and

the remaining prarie likely should be ofrf limits. possibly some descendents of europeans could also return home to germany where wind is i gather about 6% of electrcity and planning to be more assuming projections are sound).

'you by the phone

you all alone

its a long way back to germany'

---ramones (possibly on road to ruin).