[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:20:10 PDT 2009

On mercredi 05 août 09, at 11:06, Joseph Catron wrote:

>> But all the charges were dropped. So it was an improper arrest.
>
> Non sequitur. Every time I've ever stepped foot in traffic court, I've
> seen a line of people there to have their charges for driving without
> a license, or without insurance, dropped by showing the documentation
> they lacked at the time they were ticketed. To the best of my
> knowledge, no one has ever argued that this rendered their initial
> ticketing improper

But they were arrested for the thing they were suspected to have done, right ? Like drive without license or insurance ?

Here, Gates was not arrested for _robbery_, what the cops were investigating, but for yelling at a cop. Did the court consider he was not yelling in the end ? Did he produce documents that proved he was not yelling, or was unable to yell at that particular time ?

No. Whatever the consensus is now to not hurt the cops' feelings is equivalent to a cover up.

I'm pretty sure that if the cop had been blamed (however unlikely), there would have been a backlash against black people by a number of cops (and a number of similarly retarded people) all over the country just to show them n-words that it's not because they have a black president that they should not behave.

That is the only reason I see why POTUS and Gates and the cop met and had a nice photo-op or whatever that was.

JC