[lbo-talk] Nation: Blackwater Founder Implicated in Murder

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:59:39 PDT 2009

Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> writes:

> "A former Blackwater employee and an ex-US Marine who has worked as a
> security operative for the company have made a series of explosive
> allegations in sworn statements filed on August 3 in federal court in
> Virginia. The two men claim that the company's owner, Erik Prince, may
> have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were
> cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. The
> former employee also alleges that Prince 'views himself as a Christian
> crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from
> the globe,' and that Prince's companies 'encouraged and rewarded the
> destruction of Iraqi life.'"
>
> http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090817/scahill

I thought it was satire from the Onion when I first saw the headline, like "Raccoon Implicated in Garbage Can Tip-Over". But I see this is far from the work-a-day "fog of war crime" stuff. Killing witnesses is one of the crimes that brings a lot of death penalty verdicts. Hopefully this Christian crusader will be spending next Christmas with the birthday boy himself.

> Those of a nerdish bent may find particular interests in the Knights
> Templar reference halfway down the page.

Yeah, whatever happened to *those* crusaders?

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor