[lbo-talk] Women's Liberation (Fran Luck), The Cuban Five (Len Weinglass) -- radio shows!

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 7 07:13:12 PDT 2009

Hi, Please tune in to the great new editions of "Steal This Radio", which you can hear ONLY over the internet.

Show #90 airs today, FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2009, at 11 a.m.. NY time. I spend the hour talking with radio host Fran Luck about the Women's Liberation movement and "What is radical feminism" (Fran's terrific radio show, "Joy of Resistance: Multicultural Feminist Radio," can be heard once-a-month on WBAI (99.5 FM) in NYC).

Among many issues in this wide-ranging interview, Fran brings up some of the problems she had in getting WBAI's former Program Director to allow the show to be aired -- part of the ongoing struggle to get those in power at WBAI to treat women's liberation as important. There's lots more, here, so tune in! Click on http://www.NYTalkRadio.net and then on "Listen Live".

If you miss it, you can hear this and ALL editions of Steal This Radio via Podcast (archives) a few days after they are aired by clicking on http://tribecaradio.net/wpradioblog/podcasts/stealthisradio/

Music: Dory Previn, "Did Jesus Have a Baby Sister" Chicago Women's Liberation Rock Band, "Mountain Moving Day" Simone White, "I Didn't Have Any Summer Romance" ---------------------------------------------

ALSO, STR #91 -- Mitchel Cohen's guest, Attorney Leonard Weinglass, discusses the trials and tribulations of the Cuban Five. The show will air next Tuesday August 11) at 7 pm, and repeat next Friday (August 14) at 11 a.m.. Click on http://www.NYTalkRadio.net and then on "Listen Live".

Thanks for listening. Please feel free to send me your comments.

- Mitchel Cohen "Steal This Radio"