[lbo-talk] Blog stuff‏: Reply to Joseph Catron

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Aug 10 08:09:11 PDT 2009

Blogrolling LBO-talk'ers:

If you want a list of LBO-talk member blogs (if you want a blogroll that you can include, scroll to the bottom of this message), see:

http://blogmarks.net/marks/tag/lbo-talk

You can add to this list simply by signing up with your own account at http://blogmarks.net/

and then adding the blogs you know about, with the tag 'lbo- talk' (without the quotation marks), and those links will automagically show up in the above list.

I set up a similar list at Del.icio.us (now delicious.com):

http://delicious.com/tag/lbo-talk

but delicious has an annoying feature that it only shows a link in the above list if that link has been bookmarked by more than one person. You can still see the entire list (incomplete at this point) at:

http://delicious.com/lbotalk

but you cannot add to it. So BlogMarks is preferable to delicious, I think.

If you want a BlogRoll that you can insert into the sidebar of your blog, throw in the following JavaScript include into the relevant section of your blog:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rpc.blogrolling.com/display.php?r=26146c123f07ed1ae76241d9b0660ada "></script>

and you are done!

Currently the above blogrolling account is maintained by me, but I will gladly hand over the username/password to Doug or some individual chosen by list members.

This blogroll is also associated with my blog (since I was forced to enter a owner blog URL for some reason), though, AFAICT, that info is not used anywhere in the generated blogroll itself.

My blog is not on any of these lists because I had rejoined the list to do a lunch plan, but being an opinionated type, got myself involved in various threads... but I will go back to suspend mode at some point. If you wish to include my blog in your blogroll, FWIW -- I would be very tickled, and the link is http://platosbeard.org/.

--ravi