[lbo-talk] Mark Ames on Megan McArdle's gov't funded upbringing

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 03:48:18 PDT 2009

Megan actually was a liberal coming out of college. She worked in one of the Nader student groups and had a bad experience that propelled her rightward. So all the stuff in the article about her being a 'budding libertarian' -- unsubstantiated -- is just wrong. I don't know her boyfriend. Her policy analysis is atrocious, as is widely known. I don't think you can blame her for her daddy, who is a Democrat and is indicted in the article for being in construction & public service in NYC.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Pollak Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:51 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Mark Ames on Megan McArdle's gov't funded upbringing

And her sleazy boyfriend and the surprisingly sleazy Atlantic Review:

http://www.alternet.org/story/141802

Fun.

Michael