[lbo-talk] don't talk to pork power

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Aug 13 10:03:46 PDT 2009

Wojtek writes:

> What I found more interesting in this piece is that almost everyone
> can be a criminal by breaking one of the gazillion of laws that few
> people know they exist. That is why the US has the highest per capita
> prison population in the world and smart people (including our
> fearless moderator) still call it a 'democracy' with a straight face.

Wait, you're saying that the reason the US's prison population is so high is that the prisons are full of people who have broken laws they didn't know were laws?

Wow, you sure fooled me on that one. I thought that the prisons were full of violent criminals, and that from the time of pre-school everyone knows violent crimes are in fact crimes.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/corrtyp.htm

/jordan