[lbo-talk] Angela Davis a Stalinist

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 11:09:01 PDT 2009

They could certainly see that it was a disaster for them personally. I don't think they thought in terms of "oh no, this is wasting resources." More of, "oh crap, my children just died of starvation."

I mean, really. I don't think anybody doubts that what made Soviet victory in WWII possible was precisely the boggles-the-mind industrial growth of the 30s, which was quite beneficial for the (non-starving) majority of the population. That's why Stalin is posthumously popular in most of the former USSR today.