[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 13 11:49:06 PDT 2009

Shall there be no more cakes and ale?

Who are the twitter people hurting?

What should they be doing? Providing more surplus value to their bosses? Making a revolution? Reading the New York Times? Who is to say how a few hundred thousand or a few million are to spend their time?

And to repeat again my paraphrase of a bit of 19th-century doggerel:

Let me sit on a throne by the side of the road, And sneer at the fools going by.

And they are at least obeying the Hippocratic Oath: First Do No Harm. Or does someone here have evidence that they are the ones bombing villagers in Pakistan?

Carrol