[lbo-talk] don't talk to pork power

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 13 12:59:03 PDT 2009

At 12:20 PM 8/13/2009, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>In the context of this discussion, only if he is convicted and put in prison.

I was trying to take it out of that context and talk about general perceptions.

I think to most people when they hear "prisons are filled with violent criminals" it means they're filled with killers and leg breakers so who cares.

On the other hand, if a lot of people in jail or prison could be dealt with in other ways that would make us all better off, then it helps to break things down more finely.