[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Aug 14 08:02:41 PDT 2009

Doug:

> I presume this is directed mainly at me. Carrol, I filed a specific
> complaint about Twitter (and I'll still bet that you have little or no
> idea of what Twitter is). There's actually a lot I like about what the
> world has become - more so than many leftists of my acquaintance.

I'm sorta with Doug here, though I'm not quite as sunny as he. There have been some advancements, true, but overall I think much, much more has de-evolved and is getting worse. Especially here in the States. Too many distractions. Too little reflection. At lot of stupidity and mindless behavior. People are increasingly alienated and they seem to not know why. And there's no real political/social alternative to help them through it. Everyone's pretty much on their own, and if nothing else, the owners must appreciate that.

Dennis