[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:23:50 PDT 2009

Chuck G wrote:

...I would like to know from any Ubuntu users if [the information found in the link below] looks correct.

<http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-ubuntu-linux-convert-dhcp-network-configuration-to-static-ip-configuration.html>

Yes, that's fine.

However, I noted your earlier mention of using Ubuntu 7.04. This is several versions behind the state of the art. I suggest downloading 9.04 which, in my experience, exhibits none of the GUI to config file settings errors you're wrestling with.

As I'm sure you know, you can download the latest version from here:

<http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download>

Or if that isn't convenient because of bandwidth constraints or other problems, you can order a free CD or DVD by going here -

<https://shipit.ubuntu.com/>

.d.