[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 22:45:04 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Carrol Cox<cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> > Sometimes ib tgus kust I think I'm in a time warp, and I'm back in front
> of Huyck's General Store in Wakelee, Michigan, date 1938, and listening to
> the old men alternately spit tobacco and whine or growl about what a mess
> the world is becoming.
> >
> > Shit.
>
> Aw RIGHT! This is the Carrol *I* like!

They're moaning into cyberspace about all the crazy new stuff in cyberspace they don't understand and are suspicious of.

"Dang it all anyway, when I was a young pup we had email and listservs, and that was good enough for us. Now these crazy kids are texting, Twittering, posting real time video from cell phones, and I tell you, the world has just gone mad."