[lbo-talk] About Twitter

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 02:13:15 PDT 2009

I'm afraid I lack the scientific basis to write the historical article that deserves to be written about Twitter, but isn't it one of the best examples of anti-capitalist innovation coming full circle and being fully adopted and marketed by capitalists? I distinctly remember using its predecessor, the TXTmob technology developed and deployed by the anarchist Institute for Applied Autonomy, at the Republican National Convention in 2004. And how long did it take the convention's funders (broadly defined) to catch on to this awesome new revenue-producing concept?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TXTMob