[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Aug 15 14:17:05 PDT 2009

At 02:30 PM 8/15/2009, Bill O'Connor wrote:
> >> Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be a Tool of Cupertino, but the effort in setting up a Mac
> > approaches zero.
>
>It's rather identical, as it turns out:
>
>http://portforward.com/networking/static-Mac10.4.htm

lol

I was noticing that the embedded advertising links for 'static ip address', 'ip address,' 'print,' etc are for the most ridiculous things - at least when I visited. since these ads are served up dynamically (usually) they might not be there when someone else rolls over the links. at any rate, once in a while a relevant link would pop up -- for verizon's small business center. this made me burst out laughing considering how much Doug lurvs verizon. but the others? the 'Print' link offered me cruises, the "ip address" link offered me Macy's Wedding Registry, and the 'router' link promised me Cheap Port Hotels!

heh.