[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Aug 17 10:30:26 PDT 2009

Doug writes:

> So you answered my question - this is mainly for geeks.

Well, maybe it means "this is mainly for for people who don't view their computing needs as being taken care of by a single machine" ... Sure, I'm a geek, but I don't think I'm rare (99%?) for having more than one computer around to use. I have more than your average geek probably even, but I think I at least have a repreentative sample of some of the stuff people have as their not-just-one-desktop: laptops, palm-thingies, desktops, servers, appliances (Roku, DVR), wireless routers ... a lot of which don't have to "look good" at all.

Don't forget, Doug: you could be said to be a person who "runs Linux" because your mailing list, podcast server, and your free-book-server all run Linux, too.

/jordan