[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 18:22:45 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Doug Henwood<dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2009, at 7:16 PM, Mike Beggs wrote:
>
>> I've never had a problem I couldn't fix within a
>> couple of hours
>
> It takes a certain kind of person to find that not annoying.

Yeah, but 'a couple of hours' compares favourably to my experience with Windows. I haven't used a Mac in years, since I used to work in newspapers, and then I found them fine. I have nothing against the Mac; my annoyance with Apple mainly comes from the restrictions built into ipods and iphones, and the whole horrible iTunes vortex, and admittedly that annoyance battles with all the appeal of the ipods and iphones. I was about to get an ipod touch until I found out how tied in to itunes it was, to the extent that I would have to hack it and not use its built-in music playing software to run it with my computer. You could say that's a Linux pitfall, but personally it just pissed me off with Apple all over again, and proves Dwayne's point. I'll wait for this Creative version that runs Android.

Cheers, Mike scandalum.wordpress.com