[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Aug 18 08:35:23 PDT 2009

At 08:46 PM 8/17/2009, Dwayne Monroe wrote:
>This is what open-source is all about for me. And yes, as Andy (per
>Stallman) says, FOSS as a term should be tossed. It's no longer state
>of the art and deeply confuses the issue.

when i was writing for linux.com, it was totally acceptable. ultimately, i think it's all wacktarded -- the entire acane debate. the only thing that ends up mattering is whether business gets it. as far as they're concerned: it's all the same thing. stuff billed as free that turns out not to be free at all. still a savings, but, at least in my company, they all feel ripped off, like they got duped. i really should write an article on this for linux -- the perils of stupid FOSS marketing trix or something.

shag