[lbo-talk] LBOster on Fox

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:18:55 PDT 2009

It's a funny old world. I'm scheduled to go on Fox News (just Chicago, I think) tomorrow at 8:25 a.m. for a three-minute live interview on the upcoming elections in Afghanistan. I'm going to try to make three quick points in three minutes. (1) Any disruption of the election will probably take place out of the range of U.S. cameras, so this will appear to be a successful election. (2) Voting will probably follow patronage, so the U.S. client should do well in the election. (3) Aside from its propaganda value, directed at U.S. citizens, this election won't matter a damn.

Anything else anyone thinks I should try to say, given this venue and time constraint?

MM