[lbo-talk] health care poll

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Aug 19 08:40:59 PDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Obama wants legislation that will rein in costs, constrain insurance
> companies and extend coverage to most of the 46 million Americans
> without health insurance.

And it would be nice if he did something to discourage competition. A level playing field would be nice.

Is there any way to find out how much of 'health care spending' is going to pay off the debt of the past 30 years of privatization, buyouts and consolidations? I think that's part of what I mean by competition. Must be a huge cost someplace for trying to control a market.

martin